A few of the girls from work and I decided we would ride our bikes to work on Friday...work is 10 km away so I was slightly hesitant being the unfit person that I am! But I said I'd do it and kept to my word....and actually enjoyed it...surprised myself I must say! It is flat most of the way, so is a pretty easy ride...but still, 10km there and 10km back sounded like an awful long way!
We all live within about 5km of each other, so Jen and I started and picked up the others along the way. We left home at 7.45am and managed to arrive at work (sweaty and with very sore rear ends!) by 8.30am. It was an absolutley beautiful morning, perfect in fact, which made it so enjoyable, and we were all high on endorphins by the time we got changed and started work! I was not looking particularly forward to the ride home, mainly because my butt was screaming from the ride into work (I'd forgotten how hard bike seats can be!!). But it turned out to be ok, we rode home at a leisurely pace and boy did I feel good last night...albeit a little sore and sorry!
We enjoyed it so much we have decided to make it a regular thing, probably just once a month, as it is hard for me with the kids cause I have to drop them at school and pick them up. And it has definatley motivated me to exercise more often, I'd forgotten how good you feel after a good workout! My health kick probably won't last long, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts!!
Jo xx
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment